Monday, March 10, 2008

Cold Water


















To come in another country is a real complex situation mostly because you have to adapt yourself to a complete different environment.

Watching the documentary "Cold Water" remembers me how hard it is to be in a new country. During the first weeks after I came in Canada, I was really not comfortable. I didn't like this feeling at all. No friends, no family, nothing! I had to rebuild everything. But I have to say that it was a very interesting experience. As one of the interviewed people said, in that way you do learn a lot about yourself. Now I developed an open mind so I think that if I eventually go to another foreign country I would feel better. In other words, I think that I would be able to interact toward what I do not familiar with. The key is to accept the other cultural behavior without agree or/and adopting the same attitude or behavior of the other... well it is not easy to do (I know) because sometime you do not have the choice to adopt some cultural practices of a country (i.e.: Women have to bring a scarf in some Muslim countries).

No comments: